Aesop Fable Unit Study- The Lion and the Mouse
Study the well-loved fable of "The Lion and the Mouse" by reading 2 versions of the story, doing a readers theater with your class, working on a beautiful coloring page, and then choosing which worksheets and crafts best fit your students' needs.
What You Get:
- "Fable" Anchor Chart defining a fable
- "Who Was Aesop" non-fiction article
- 2 Coloring Pages of The Lion and the Mouse
- Color illustration of The The Lion and the Mouse
- Modern Day Version of the story of "The Lion and the Mouse"
- Original Story of "The Lion and the Mouse" by Aesop
- Comprehension question worksheet
- Readers Theater of the Fable (3 scripts, one for each character with highlighted lines)
- Cut out characters to make into puppets
- Sequencing Story Strips (With and without sequential titles)
- Worksheet with character traits and vocabulary words
- Writing template to write your own version of the fable
- Writing template with question "How Would You Help the Lion Get Free?"
- Writing template with character topper for story summary or story response.