Aesop Fable Unit Study- The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse
Study the well-loved fable of "The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse" by reading 2 versions of the story, doing a readers theater with your class, working on a beautiful coloring page, and then choosing which worksheets and crafts best fit your students' needs. This resource provides THREE versions of the fable for you and your class to read and compare.
What You Get:
- "Fable" Anchor Chart defining a fable
- "Who Was Aesop" non-fiction article
- 1 Coloring Pages of The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse
- Color illustration of The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse
- Modern Day Version of the story of "The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse"
- Original Story of "The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse by Aesop
- Comprehension question worksheet
- Readers Theater of the Fable (4 scripts, one for each character with highlighted lines)
- Cut out characters to make into puppets
- Sequencing Story Strips (with and without sequential titles)
- Worksheet with character traits and vocabulary words
- Writing template to write your own version of the fable
- Writing template with question "Where Would You Prefer to Live?"
- Writing template with character topper for story summary or story response.