How To Make a Pumpkin Pie Writing and Sequencing Activity
What are the steps to making a pumpkin pie? This packet contains all the resources you'll need to have a class discussion about the process of making a pumpkin pie. Use the printables, worksheets, and writing prompts to create a magical writing experience. This is great for subs or for a seasonal quick plan that's exciting and will motive your early writers to write. Encourage them to add details and color their pictures! Bonus points if you bring in pumpkin pie ingredients and equipment and show them the steps right there in the classroom! You might have to bake mini ones and use an electric oven or borrow the cafeteria ovens. Or take it home to bake and bring it back the next day! This activity is absolutely perfect as a Thanksgiving activity that your kids will love!
What You Get:
- What is "How-to Writing" anchor chart
- Transition words anchor chart
- 2 levels of editing checklists
- Sample writing of "How to Make Pumpkin Pie" to share with your students
- 8 color sequencing cards (1 set with words and 1 set without words)
- Worksheet "What do you need to make a pumpkin pie?"
- Cut-out black and white sequencing cards (1 set with words and 1 set without words)
- Envelope template to store sequencing cards
- Full-page booklet with pictures to color and primary lines to write the sequences.
- Half-page booklet with pictures to color and lines to write the sequences
- Many other types of writing prompts to choose from!
- Template for color and cut out pumpkin pie topped final draft