How To Make Pancakes Writing and Sequencing Activity
What are the steps to make pancakes? This packet contains all the resources you'll need to have a class discussion about the process of making pancakes. Use the printables, worksheets, and writing prompts to create a magical writing experience. This is great for subs or for a seasonal quick plan that's exciting and will motive your early writers to write. Encourage them to add details and color their pictures! Bonus points if you bring in ingredients and equipment and show them the steps right there in the classroom! When I did this with my class, I brought an electric griddle and our classroom smelled AMAZING for the rest of the day! It was one of their favorite activities of the year! We just ate them plain without syrup to prevent mess!
What You Get:
- What is "How-to Writing" anchor chart
- Transition words anchor chart
- 2 levels of editing checklists
- 8 color sequencing cards (1 set with words and 1 set without words)
- Worksheet "What do you need to make pancakes?"
- Cut-out black and white sequencing cards (1 set with words and 1 set without words)
- Envelope template to store sequencing cards
- Full-page booklet with pictures to color and primary lines to write the sequences.
- Half-page booklet with pictures to color and lines to write the sequences
- Many other types of writing prompts to choose from!
- Template for color and cut out stack of pancakes topped final draft