Paleontology Unit Study: Creatures of the Cenozoic Era Information Cards
Teach about the Cenozoic Era by exploring the animals that lived during that time with these colorful and informative information cards. One side of each card features a realistic "photo like" image of the creature. The back features a mini-article with fascinating information to engage your students. A student booklet is also included to fill out information about each animal that lived during that time.
What You Get:
- 2 charts showing the periods of time
- 12 double-sided information cards about animals that lived during the Cenozoic Era including: Megaloceros, sabertooth cat, wooly mammoth, eurohippus, chalicotherium, terror bird, glyptodont, macraucheniam, megatherium sloth, enteledon, and megalodon. Cards provided with both metric and imperial measurement system.
- Set of small animal photos to use for projects or on a bulletin board.
- Non-fiction article (and early reader version) about how paleontologists decide what these animals looked and behaved like.
- 2 worksheets studying fossils.
- 2 report templates
- "Cenozoic Museum" cut and glue activity worksheets.
- Coloring page for each creature
- Super cute "Creatures of the Cenozoic Era" memory game. (12 matches)
- Geochronological timeline that covers all eras and time and which plants and animals were on the earth- Large enough to hang on a classroom wall.
- Geochronological timeline template that kids can create themselves complete with plants and animals to cut and glue onto it.- Large enough to hang on a classroom wall.