Paleontology Unit Study: Creatures of the Paleozoic Era Information Cards
These 12 cards feature animals and creatures that evolved and lived during the Paleozoic Era. Each card is double-sided with a realistic photo and basic information on one side and an interesting mini-article on the back. To review students can complete a fun museum matching. These cards are easy to add to a unit study or independent box or to use during your classroom Paleontology or Dinosaur Unit Study. You can present them in front of the class, break students into groups, have students present to each other, or pass them out one at a time. There are many options for how to use this resource in your classroom or homeschool. Available with imperial and metric measurements.
What You Get:
- 12 double sided information cards about animals that lived during the Paleozoic Era including: Triops, Trilobites, Pikaia, Pteraspis, Eurypterus Remipes, Dunkleosteus, Sponges, Urchin, Mollusks, Starfish, Giant Dragonflies, and Dimetrodon. (provided in a metric system version and an imperial system version)
- 2 report templates
- "Make a Musem" cut and glue activity
- Non-fiction article (and an early reader version) about how scientists figure out what animals were really like.
- 2 worksheets to study fossils
- 12 coloring pages (one for each Paleozoic creature!)
- Small photos to use for a project or put on a bulletin board
- Super cute "Creatures of the Paleozoic Era Memory Game" (12 matches)
- Geochronological timeline that covers all eras and time and which plants and animals were on the earth- Large enough to hang on a classroom wall.
- Geochronological timeline template that kids can create themselves complete with plants and animals to cut and glue onto it.- Large enough to hang on a classroom wall.