Book Study: How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?
A great picture book study for "How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?". Lots of fantastic extension activities. This study has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade.
What You Get
- Teacher discussion guide
- Book project and activity ideas
- Youtube links to related videos
- Jigsaw puzzle
- Story crown template
- Story patterns cut and glue worksheet
- Tracing worksheet
- Big story maze
- Compare stories Venn Diagram worksheet
- "What Do You Think" writing/drawing opportunity
- 2 book reports
- 3 Draw and Write early writer prompts
- 1 writing pennant from story
- 3 "How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin" coloring pages
- "All About Pumpkins" non-fiction article
- Recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds
- Student tags for being in the "Two's Club", "Five's Club", and "Ten's Club"
- 3 letter "P is for Pumpkin" handwriting practice pages
- Color and cut out the three pumpkins (small, medium, and large)
- Paperbag template and seeds to cut out and put into bag.
- Count the pumpkin seeds math page.
- Pumpkin Dot-to-dot
- Different wats to count the pumpkin seeds worksheet
- Pumpkin Record Chart
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (WERE and PUT)
- Digraph worksheet (MP)
- Words in the Story worksheet
- Sounding out words cards
- Sight Word cards
- Story Elements worksheet
- Trace and write words from the story
- Cut-apart sequencing strips
- Template for students to write (and an option for tracing) and illustrate their own version of the story